Rochester, NY Area Farmers Markets
A directory of Rochester, NY area farmers markets. Call
before going to a public market. They are seasonal and are often
held on specific days and hours. Many community farm markets close at noon
or shortly after. Call individual farm markets for business
hours. At community markets, go early and get the best selection. Go
late and sometimes you can get better prices.
For healthy foods there is nothing better or healthier than buying
directly from farmers. Always ask the farmer if the foods you
are buying are organic. This encourages farmers to grow
organically and lets you know how much you need to wash the foods you
Sadly, not all farmers offer good value. Some farmers at the
Rochester Public Market display foods with beautiful display food on
the top and bruised or damaged foods on the bottom of a basket.
If the farmer won't let you inspect all of the food in the basket,
move on to the next farmer. Your careful purchasing discourages
Farmers markets are different from farm markets. Farmers
markets are generally community based with many farmers selling foods
and other goods. Farm markets are usually roadside stands or
stores selling the foods and goods of a single farm.
If you are a farmer or a community that has a farm market and you
would like to have a link on this page, please fill out
Request a Link Form.
All telephone numbers are in the 585 area code unless otherwise
Erie County Farmers Markets
- Alden Farmers Market. Village of Alden, Parking lot at
13119 Broadway St., Alden, NY 14004. 716-937-9216.
- Broadway Farmers Market. 999 Broadway St., Buffalo, NY 14212.
- Clarence Hollow Farmers Market. 10490 Main Street,
Clarence, NY 14031. 716-759-2345.
- Clinton-Bailey Market. 1443-1517 Clinton Street, Buffalo,
NY 14206. 716-822-2466.
- Downtown Country Market. Main Street between Court and
Church Streets, Downtown Buffalo. 671 Main Street, Buffalo, NY
- East Aurora Farmers Market. Parking lot of the East Aurora
Village Shopping Center, Grey Street. East Aurora, NY.
- Fillmore Open Air Community Market. 3435 Main Street,
Buffalo, NY 14214. 716-829-2714.
- Forever Elmwood Farmers Market. Elmwood Ave and Bidwell
Parkway, Buffalo, NY. 716-881-2701.
- Gentner Commission Farmers Market. Commission Market,
341 Main Street, W. Springville, NY 14141. 716-592-4062.
Hamburg Farmers Market. Village parking lot, Main &
Buffalo Streets, Hamburg, NY 14075. 716-649-7917.
- Kenmore Farmers Market. Delaware Ave. & Delaware Road, Kenmore, NY
- Orchard Park Farmers Market. Historic Train Depot, 2 West
Highland, Orchard Park, NY 14127. 716-662-3605. Google
Genesee County Farmers Markets
Genesee Country Farmers Market. KMart parking lot, 8363
Lewiston Road, Batavia, NY. 343-9493.
Livingston County Farmers Markets
- Dansville Farmers Market. Corner of Maple and Rte 36.
Dansville, NY. 335-2963.
- Livonia Farmers Market. 36 Commercial Street, in front of
the Village Hall. 346-3100 or 721-5434.
Monroe County Farmers Markets
Brockport Farmers Market. Market and Main Streets,
Brockport, NY. 503-2990.
Chili Farmers Market, Chili Paul Plaza, Chili, NY.
- East Rochester Farmers Market. Techniplex Plaza parking lot 300
Main Street, East Rochester, NY 14445. 387-9147.
Fairport Farmers Market. Fleet Bank parking lot, South Main
St., Fairport, NY. 223-6795.
Greece Foodlink Farmers Market. English Village Apartments,
1100 English Road, Greece, NY. 228-3380.
Greece Ridge Center Farmers Market. 271 Greece Ridge Center
Drive, Greece, NY. 225-1140.
Irondequoit Farmers Market. Irondequoit Town Hall, 1280 Titus Avenue, Rochester, NY 14617. 336-6070. Google Map.
Monroe Village Farmers' Market. Blessed
Sacrament Church Parking Lot. 730 Monroe Ave, Rochester, NY
Village is an eclectic urban village where diversity is celebrated
and all people are welcome. It is a safe, healthy, and sustainable
place offering a high quality of life, an authentic urban
environment with walkable streets, a mix of land uses, and a variety
of housing choices. Monroe Village is located along Monroe Avenue
in the city of Rochester, New York, from the inner loop to I-490,
and the adjoining residential neighborhoods."
Rochester Downtown Farmers Market. St. Mary's Place adjacent
to Washington Square Park, Rochester, NY 14609. 428-6907.
Rochester Main Street Farmers Market. First Floor Atrium of
the Sibley Center, 220 East Main Street, Rochester, NY.
Rochester Public Market,
firstname.lastname@example.org. 280 N. Union St., Rochester, NY.
Rush Community Farmers Market. Rush United Methodist Church,
6200 Rush-Lima Road, Rte 15A, Rush, NY. 533-2170.
Scottsville Ice Arena Farmers Market. Scottsville Ice Arena,
1800 Scottsville-Chili Road, Wheatland, NY. 889-1810.
Webster Farmers Market. Municipal parking lot. Main
Street Rte 404 and South Avenue Rte 250, Webster, NY. The parking lot and
the farmers market are off the street behind the municipal
Niagara County Farmers Markets
Ontario County Farmers Markets
- Canandaigua Farmers Market. Parking lot near the corner of
Lafayette and Niagara Streets, Canandaigua, NY. 374-5389.
- Geneva Farmers Market. Parking lot on Seneca Street at
Linden Street, Geneva, NY. 789-7811.
- Hanna Junction Farm and Craft Market. 2471 State Route 21
North, Canandaigua, NY. 394-7740.
- Victor Farm Market. Mead Square Park on Rte. 96 between
School and Maple Streets, Victor, NY. 742-6320.
Wayne County Farm Markets
- Lyons Farmers Market. Village Park, Church Street, Lyons,
- Newark Farmers Market. Firemen's Field on Barker Parkway
off Westshore Blvd., Newark, NY. 926-5403.
- Palmyra Farmers Market. Palmyra Village Park, Main Street,
Palmyra, NY. 597-0011.
- Sodus Point Farmers Market. Next to Bayside Antiques East,
8515 Greig Street, Sodus Point, NY. 483-0515.
Yates County Farm Markets
- The Windmill Farm & Craft
Market. Penn Yan, NY. Directions: Take Exit 42 and
follow Route 14 South to Dresden. In Dresden turn on Route 54
to Penn Yan. Turn Left on Route 14A. Travel South on Route
14A. The Windmill is on the Right. (315) 536-3032.
- Yates Co. Co-op Farm & Craft Market. Main & Elm Streets,
Penn Yan, NY. (315) 536-3032.
Wayne County Farm Markets
- Macedon Farmers Market. Town Hall / Public Library Complex, 32
Main Street, Macedon, NY. 585-377-3116. The market operates on
Wednesdays, 4 - 7 PM. In 2009 it opens on July 15 and closes on
- The New Farm. 2661 Silver Lake Road, Perry, NY 14530.
- Perry's Farmers Market.
2 S Main Street, Perry, NY 14530, Perry, NY
14530. 237-2614. "Perry Farmers' Market is a festive,
colorful downtown farmers' market with live music weekly, underway
from the 3rd Saturday in June through 1st Saturday in October,
annually, 8:30 am - 12:30. It usually has 20 vendors selling a
variety of produce and homemade products, books, honey, flowers,
baked goods, chocolate, etc, a restaurant booth, and an Artist's
Downtown Perry location, next door to Letchworth State Park, Silver
Lake and the Charcoal Corral/Silver Lake Twin Drive-In. 43 miles
'Summer Saturdays' Arts Series weekly at 10 am provides free live
music and events for kids. Visit our
website for details and
a complete schedule."
- Village of Attica Farmers Market. 9 Water Street, Attica,
NY 14011. 343-9491.
- Warsaw Farmers Market. 3781 E. Main Road., Attica, NY
l4011. 716-591-1358. Google Map.
Other New York Farmers Market Resources
- Farmers Market
Federation of New York. "Farmers markets provide a means
for local producers of agricultural products to sell those products
directly to the consumer. Many communities throughout New York State
view farmers markets as a positive avenue for supporting local
agriculture, providing a source of fresh fruits and vegetables to
the residents of their community and as a means of drawing people
into their community aiding in the economic redevelopment of an
- New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets.
New York State Farmers Markets.